About

{THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION!} Hello! I'm Dawna and I'm a foodie in a hoodie. This originated with a dream. Add some passion and hard work and you've got yourself a dream come true. Thank you!

Monday, July 10, 2023

Highlights of this Weekend

 I'm thinking about also starting a little series of my food adventures around Utah as well as highlighting some interesting customers around the town. What do you guys think? While I drive my food truck to different locations, I'll be making some stops to try some restaurants and let you guys know how it went and what food I got.

For highlights, my cousin Evaleigh was with me helping with making the drinks while I did the cashier and additional help at the shopping square in Orem. We just so happen to stumble on the aftermath of a summer dog parade that they were hosting in the square. They had it start around 9 or 10 in the morning to raise funds for this local no-kill animal shelter to rebuild a bigger capacity kennel space or spaces for their incoming dogs.

We got to the mall around 11:30AM and they were all finishing up by the looks of it and there was a cute family with three Bernese Mountain dogs, two were puppies and one was (as I later found out) their mom. They came up to buy some drinks and we also gave their pups some water.
 
One young couple around my age had a pair of vizlas and those were some of the feistiest dogs we encountered! Not that they were bad, just full of zest. From what the owners told us was they were obsessed with sticks and can get protective over them. Probably the best part about their dogs was they were wearing sparkly, rainbow Tu-tu's. And matching steampunk sunglasses. For now I'll have to post a part two of this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment