About

{THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION!} Hello! I'm Dawna and I'm a foodie in a hoodie. This originated with a dream. Add some passion and hard work and you've got yourself a dream come true. Thank you!

Friday, November 18, 2022

Memorable Mention

     Due to several requests, here are some more funny moments with customers that we had encountered.


Karens in the Wild: This was on my shift and I was taking people's orders and making them with one of my friends. It was actually my cousin as I think about it. Well, this commotion exploded at the register window and my friend's friend who was working the register window was frantically explaining something to a woman. Now this kid was another high school student and I'll just refer to him as Justin. Now I heard a few words of "this is our menu options" and "this are the prices, ma'am" followed with a lady screeching 'f' bombs about our menu and prices. Soon Justin tells her that he will grab someone from management and he went to me and said, "Yo, Dawna, can you talk to this lady? She scares me."

I took a deep breath in to prepare myself and nodded as I went passed him and headed to the window. The woman he was talking to had the typical Karen sunglasses and she wore gym clothes that were way to small to fit. Her ponytail was trying to imitate Ariana Grande's but with black hair dye that looked cheap and damaging (like her attitude). She also had a fake tan that looked way too dark for her. Make of that with what you will.

"Can I help you?" I asked, irritated. 

She removed her sunglasses aggressively and shouted, "I WANT THIS SMOOTHIE!" She pointed at our menu at our Chai flavor and added, "BUT MAKE IT LARGE!"

"And what seems to be the problem?"

"APPARENTLY YOUR COWORKER SAID IT COSTS THIS AMOUNT!"

"Ma'am, please don't yell. I understand you perfectly.''

"I don't think you do!" This time, in a lowered tone. "Last time I was here, it did not cost that much and I personally know the owner. He didn't have the prices for that much. Also, I asked that kid if he could change a couple of things for me in that smoothie--"

Before she could get anymore in, I stopped her. "Ma'am, I am the owner."

Then mayhem ensued with her going on a tangent about how men can only run businesses and women like me should be home caretakers instead. I finally snapped at her to leave before I call police for harassment. Apparently it worked as she left with flipping us off and me yelling at her to hurry up and leave or I will be pressing charges for assault and apparently she bought my bluff on that. Needless to say, she has gone down as the crazy Karen encounter that will be forever talked about among us here in Smooth Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment