About

{THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION!} Hello! I'm Dawna and I'm a foodie in a hoodie. This originated with a dream. Add some passion and hard work and you've got yourself a dream come true. Thank you!

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Stepping into Christmas

 Hello family!


I can't believe that it is that Christmas season. It felt like Halloween just yesterday and now it is December. Last month my family and I got rather busy with Thanksgiving and it was actually way fun. My aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side came to celebrate and we had chicken instead of turkey. This tradition started back when I was in middle school when my mom got lazy making turkey so we settled on two or three whole chickens with everything else the same like cranberry jelly, stuffing, and anything else that is "normal". Oh, the yams are super good! That's my favorite! I always pick that one to make. Just cut up some sweet potato yams into cubes, add brown sugar, drizzle lightly some honey, and top with marshmallows. Put it in the oven to cook and when done, it is so tasty!

Holidays are chaotic and fun in my family. My best friend, David, thinks it's a lot. Oh well, his family's celebration of the holidays are kinda boring anyway and stiff. It's stressful. I've spent Christmas with them a few times to hang out and they are uptight and I thought my dad's side was uptight. Wrong. This year for Christmas I got to help with setting up our Christmas tree setup and we have a trio of trees from big, medium, and small. The big one has an angel, the medium has a star, and the small one has a feather wreathe that is also super small. It's like a crown. Mine is the small tree to decorate and I like to make it weird. So while the other trees have ornaments and tinsel, mine has bird ornaments and a feathered wreath with a few other ornaments.

Looking forwards to working my food trucks and we will see y'all there soon! I hope everyone has a safe and fun Christmas soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment