About

{THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION!} Hello! I'm Dawna and I'm a foodie in a hoodie. This originated with a dream. Add some passion and hard work and you've got yourself a dream come true. Thank you!

Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Day in the Life of a [Food] Trucker

 

A usual kind of day for me is waking up at 4AM and having breakfast and getting dressed for the day. (Yes, I do sleep on the couch in my family's place. It's a trailer home with only so much room, but it is home and I wouldn't change it for the world!)

Once I am done, I start cooking a few batches of tapioca pearls and other toppings in advance that I know sell out rather fast. While that is going on, I got back and forth to my truck to get the kitchenette set up and the ingredients up and accessible. I also do a quick spot clean if any areas are dirty.

Meanwhile, while the tapioca pearls are finishing up, I got let my dog out potty and then for a mini-walk or hike, depending on my mood that day. And finally, I get the truck started and I check the places on my phone of where we will be that day and I head out there and sometimes I fill up some gas along the way and pick up my other coworkers. Then after a long day of hard work is done, I come home and deep clean my truck, put away and ingredients in the cupboards, wash any dishes inside my family's home due to more space, and I lock up the truck. From there it's just a shower or bath for me, have dinner with my family and dog, and we relax the rest of the evening until I get to bed around 8 or 9PM. That's just a snippet of my life as a food trucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment