About

{THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION!} Hello! I'm Dawna and I'm a foodie in a hoodie. This originated with a dream. Add some passion and hard work and you've got yourself a dream come true. Thank you!

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Welcome to My Family

 Hi, so this is my own blog for our food trucks and I can keep everyone updated on our little adventures. I guess you can say that we're a drink truck instead, but maybe one day we might add some Filipino food. Who knows? I know adobo and sisig would be fun to add one day.

So my name is Dawna and I am 23-years-old with an associates degree in culinary art, specifically in baking. My family are immigrants from the Philippines (specifically from Bacolod) and we moved to the USA when I was four to California originally and two years later we were in Nevada. After one year of living there, we moved to Southern Utah in a town just outside of St. George called Magnolia Springs.We kept on moving because of how bad the bullying was and this place happened to have a more tolerable people. People usually keep to themselves here, but there are a few friendly faces you run into. Being as shy as I am still, this is a nice change, but thankfully I am not as shy as I use to be in elementary school. Being an introvert and shy is such a weird combination.

Growing up in Magnolia Springs was rough during elementary school because 2/3rds of the time kids were so mean and in middle school things got better from there. When it came to college, I was happy to be out of Magnolia Springs and going into culinary school as well as having roommates who explored around this big city for food was amazing to me! I got to try so many food places and Salt Lake City had plenty of great places as well as Provo-Orem area. I miss those places a lot.

After getting my associates degree, I wanted to open a food truck for boba or bubble tea. I called up some of my old roommates who use to also be some of my coworkers when we were in college. I asked if they wanted to open a boba food truck and they agreed. Me and four of my friends bought an old camper and converted it to a food truck and soon enough our business grew to eleven trucks. Officially, it's our original vintage camper, four buses converted to food trucks, and six van food trucks. We operate all around Southern Utah with a few in Central and Northern Utah. I hope you come along on our journey!


                ~Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment